The first Call for HMC Projects has been published. This call aims for projects initiating and facilitating activities that address practical challenges in the field of metadata generation and data enrichment. Find an abbreviated version of the submission rules below, but see details in the documents at the end of this page.
First practical results and promising prototypes are expected by the end of 2021. The results shall underpin and stimulate the growing HMC network. As part of this, results shall be presented at an HMC implementation workshop, scheduled for the end of 2021. if you plan to submit a proposal, please contact your respective HMC hubs upfront proposal submission (see call document for contacts).
Goals of 1st call
A HMC project addresses one or more of these three overarching goals:
- further metadata generation with interoperable metadata standards, vocabularies and/or ontologies
- adopt or develop tools for data enrichment, e.g. automated metadata generation for recording dataset descriptions and workflows
- adopt or develop tools to further metadata quality assessment and metadata curation
Funding: HMC Projects can apply for a volume of up to € 400 000. Half of the financial volume and at most € 200 000 will be funded by the INF. Funding will be provided for Helmholtz Centres only. In clearly documented cases, funding can also be provided for highly qualified university partners.
Duration: Maximum running time for HMC Projects is 2 years.
Eligibility: Any eligible proposal must comprise partners from at least two different Helmholtz Centres (or two AST programmes respectively).
- Application Deadline: 14 October 2020 (end of the day CET),
- Review: Proposals will be swiftly evaluated by a panel of independent external experts (no presentation),
- Starting of HMC Project: From December 2020,
- First practical results and promising prototypes are expected by the end of 2021.
- Results shall be presented at an HMC implementation workshop, scheduled for the end of 2021.
Submission: HMC Project Proposals must be submitted via the Project Proposal Portal.
NEW HMC Project Exchange Market Place
The Call for Tender for HMC Projects triggered the search for suitable project partners among some potential applicants to implement their project ideas. You may recall that the participation of at least two Helmholtz Centres is a mandatory requirement for the proposal.
To support all of you who think about submitting a project proposal the Helmholtz Federated IT Service Platform HIFIS implemented a Project Exchange Market Place. If you are interested in the marketplace you can follow the link .
If you are not logged in, you can read/browse the issues and answers deposited there.
If you want to add further issues or comment on older ones, you need to login:
- Click on “Sign in”
- Try “Helmholtz AAI” and search for your institution. If you are Helmholtz member, have an ORCID account or an account at a registered scientific institution (mostly universities), you should then be able to login with your home login name and passphrase
- Fallback, if this does not work: You can click “GitHub” and either use a preexisting Github account or create a new one.
You can answer (publicly) to all issues and/or contact the author(s) directly.
Please stick to netiquette!
If you want to change anything in the marketplace workflow, also add an issue and
- Write “ADMINISTRATION:” into the subject line
- Write your feedback as politely as possible 😉
- Optimally assign to @jandt-desy within the Github system
We hope this helps.